Saturday 14 September 2013

Finding Peace in the Everyday Routine from Ages 6-41

It's my second year with the same kiddos.  Last year I had the privilege of having them as first graders.  This year, I get to have them in second grade.  I assumed we would just pick up where we left off.  It's been about ten years since I have looped.  So, I honestly don't remember the way it was during transition between years.  But, it surprised me how much I still need to work on procedures.  

Sometimes my creative soul takes over my reasonable side and I neglect to use routine to help me find solid ground.  I often feel swallowed by the school year.  I lose myself in the daily minutia of teaching.  My goal, as in the last two years continues to be balance.  Who doesn't have that goal, right?  It sounds so simple.  But, the reality of living it proves to be a deeper challenge.

Now that the first three weeks are over, I really need to try and separate myself from teaching a bit so I can feed the reader and writer within myself.  I feel like it is the right time.  I was thrilled to have some comments on my blog from my last post!  It was kind of a special birthday gift.

Special thanks go to these bloggers who took the time to read and respond to my thinking
Jen, Juliann, Digital Bonnie, and Maya Woodall.

No comments: