Wednesday 6 November 2013

Writing A Book in the Month of November

I'm attempting to write a new book.  So far I have finished a Junior novel, written about seven short stories.  Even though I feel like I am just going through the motions of writing, it still feels better than sitting still thinking about writing.

Its pretty dry at this point.  I'm writing a lot in the passive voice.  There are not many power verbs.  I do have an outline.  So, there's a plan and evidence of a work in progress.  Now, I just have to keep working every day on keeping the word count going.

I can't imagine anything but good coming from the experience.  At this point, it just seems very artificial.  My goal is to keep going, even if I don't like it.  Instead of toiling over each and every word, I'm plowing through.  It's a new technique for me really.  Most writers talk about the amount of writing they do in a day being critical to moving forward as a writer.  Go figure.  Writers need to write.  Well, I'm writing. . .

No comments: