Friday 25 December 2009

Thankful

So many gifts were not wrapped underneath my tree this year. Insights were my biggest and most valuable treasures of 2009. Reflecting about my daily decisions in my personal life, my home, my classroom, has brought so much richness. This is a surprise present I didn't know I got in the year 2009. It is actually shocking that it surfaces on Christmas morning. The weather outside is horrible, my present location, so ordinary. Yet, this epiphany seems life changing some how. I thought the passion of much of my career in education would sustain itself through several decades. After just 15 years within education, it seems to early to be ready to move on. I don't really intend to leave the classroom. I just plan to shift my personal learning focus from an outward perspective to a more inward journey.

No comments: