Friday 2 August 2013

Struggle

These past few days I have felt as though I have nothing important to say.  I feel the struggle of the writer.  There is a dance between getting ready for school as a teacher, and continuing to allow myself time to write.  My fiction reading time conflicts with my professional reading time.  My creative writing conflicts with writing about my professional reading.  There are plenty of hours in the day.  So why do I make it more difficult than it needs to be?

Today, I read a poem at Mary Lee's blog about struggle.  She writes "My will / will dominate."  This gives me courage.  The courage I need to persevere through the jungle of my mind, the struggle of my will.

Thank you Mary Lee, for sharing your struggle, for bringing it into the light.  It makes the struggle lose its power.  It empowers us to have courage.

1 comment:

holmesmj said...

Great words to show your authentic struggle, Sarah! Reflecting with you in the journey! Melody
Holmesmj.blogspot.com